A Human Resources practitioner for 25 years, including 13 years in a multinational corporation, Johnson & Johnson, with responsibility for executive recruitment and training, and employee development in J&J companies in the emerging markets of East Europe, Africa & Mid-East, followed by 12 years as a self-employed consultant on employment law, earnings, labour market trends, local labour market profiles, retraining and rehabilitation, and the effects of discrimination by age, disability, race and gender.
An experienced Employment Expert, preparing more than 800 reports and giving oral evidence in more than 75 cases in High Court, Crown and County Courts, and Employment Tribunals.
Also, a Human Resources consultant on a range of employment issues in the public and private sectors with specialisms in equal pay, job evaluation, performance management, National Minimum Wage, disciplinary procedures and dismissals, and outplacement programmes. Acts as specialist advisor to the Yell Corporation on National Minimum Wage and is a contributor to the Low Pay Commission annual report on National Minimum Wage.
- B. Social Sciences (Hons)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations
- Johnson & Johnson International, International Development Programme
- Certified trainer of J&J Worldwide employee development programmes
- Executive Education programme, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University (North Carolina)
- Employee Management and Development, University of Cape Town School of Business (with the London Business School)
- World Class Manufacturing programme
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Member of the American Society for Training and Development
- Member of the Society of Expert Witnesses